Urgent legal help regarding kratom - We are being accused importing il
Dear IloveKratom members,
We have a serious problem and we are looking to get some legal advice on to better understand our basic human rights on and hopefully help us see though this.
We have imported a Kratom shipment into LAX from Indonesia.
We had a customs broker and the shipment passed the examination by the FDA and the USDA. But at the last moment before being released it was held up by ATU for further examination. The ATU normally handles firearms and illegal/scheduled drugs of which kratom is not. ATU says that the shipment tested positive and we are now being charged with importing illegal drugs and they have advised us to have a lawyer and that we will be taken to court. I assure you there are no illegal drugs in our shipment. The ATU will not give our customs broker or us any information or evidence and have only told us to call in and speak to an officer in charge called Rotch. We do not even know which drug they talk about.
Can anyone recommend an experienced kratom lawyer I could use? I feel my basic human rights are being denied by not sharing any evidence of what the illegal drug charge is against us. Is there anyone in the Kratom Community that might do pro bono or offer some affordable rates as we are a new business and do not have to deep pockets. If you have any info you could send us to understand a bit better where we stand that would be most helpful. Do you know of other cases like ours?
The shipment was mislabeled by the seller sending and not us. But for us this is a serious accusation we truly need your or someone’s help with.
Below are some points made by a close contact of mine also in the business that suggested I contact you guys.
· COMPLETELY legal in the state of California
· they may have gotten a false positive because they did the tests wrong or fudged them
· The Indole compounds could be mistaken for hallucinogens (though they are not!) or a really bad organic chemists may have ignored the five carbon ring and declared it "cathinone" - or Khat - one of the drugs that the ATF would be involved in especially out of LA
· American Kratom association. They are the big watchdog and largely responsible for the DEAs historic failure to schedule Kratom. They can give you advice, inform you of your full legal rights and perhaps point you at some attorneys who may do this pro Bono
· Also talk to the American civil liberties Union (ACLU) because your rights are being stomped over
· You're constitutionally NOT being accused of anything as you have a constitutional right to confront your accuser and his evidence
· It's your conditional right but be careful, these people are trained to get you to hang yourself
· They are refusing entry of legal goods based on these "extralegal" discretionary powers given to customs officers. This is a tricky area for you and them. They can use their discretion against you with no legal backing or you can challenge or appear to be planning on challenging their excersise of an executive decision that is in violation of exceeds the spirit of the laws which give them discretionary powers.
· It's not illegal to bluff but it is VERY illegal to violate the rights of a person or his property
· Therefore, the officer was expecting to scare you to giving up your property rights by bluffing but once that's called, you are very much entitled to do whatever is necessary through whatever channels to claim the rights to which they believe you are ready to forfeit
· in this case it seems more "plotted" than completely random. Almost like they initially wanted to detain it but needed a reason or there was one last review with someone who's totally aware.
· the DEA was democratically stopped from scheduling this substance, faced enormous public opposition and also received dozens of letters from lawmakers to not scheduled Kratom. Their actions are plain and simple undemocratic and a dirty way of denying the right that Americans fought for, expressed overwhelming public opinion in support and won! Thus to prevent access to Kratom is undemocratic at best and a violation of ones freedom to choose legal alternatives. It is at worst a human rights violation and completely ignores the sprit and foundation upon which this nation was built
I had some refused entry saying it was illegal, but they never said I was facing Charges.
In order to press chrages they would have had to follow it to you and catch you taking possession of it i do believe.
DERECK J. CONNORS
and if its legal in california than it is legal. or maybe the package is not written as what it is inside it?
Lets be friend, add me on social media
Whatsapp : +6285252150710
Have you talked to the officer in charge yet? Sounds like that would at least shed some light on what is really going on.
Are you being PERSONALLY held in custody?
Kratom importing is a risky business. Personal jail time is different than having property confiscated. I've had friends lose entire savings overnight before. None stayed in business, but they weren't held PERSONALLY for a felony! Is that the charge?
Have a wee bit better day!
Latest Post: 15% OFF Your First Order & Perpetual 15% OFF for ILK... Our newest member: nataliaairey364 Recent Posts Unread Posts Tags
Forum Icons: Forum contains no unread posts Forum contains unread posts Mark all read
Topic Icons: Not Replied Replied Active Hot Sticky Unapproved Solved Private Closed